Position: Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist
Job Code: NCI0707
Reporting to: Registrar
Purpose of Position:
NCI has centralised its timetabling process which will schedule all teaching activities for all Schools in accordance with the Central Timetable Policy. The role is also the super user of Syllabus+ and maintains that database and is also responsible for publishing the timetables to all teaching staff and students.
- Vice President Academic Affairs and Research
- Commercial Director
- School Administrators and Co-ordinators
- Deans and Vice Deans of Schools
- Director of Learning and teaching
- Commercial Office/facilities
- Attendance Monitoring Project Officer
- Exams Office
- IT Manager
- Scientia (software providers)
- Develop process for college planning to assist with setting budget, recruitment and timetable numbers.
- Organise the Timetabling and Room Booking Service to achieve a College wide centrally co-ordinated teaching timetable based on academic programme requirements.
- Implement the recommendations of the NCI Academic Timetabling Business Process Review.
- Keep the data in the timetabling system, Syllabus+ accurate, consistent and up to date.
- Ensure that data in Syllabus+ can be effectively integrated with other NCI business systems, such as the attendance monitoring database.
- Provide technical support to all Syllabus+ users, both within the School Offices and the Commercial Office.
- Identify key milestones for the production of the teaching timetable, room booking and other related business activities
- Lead Integration projects between key NCI systems and Syllabus+ to further develop and enhance the Central Timetabling Process and reporting capabilities. (i.e. Course Builder)
- Exam Scheduler: Assist the Exams Office in setting up an automatic scheduling process using Scientia software and integration with key NCI systems, such as Course Builder.
- Development and optimisation of the timetable/booking process through creative application of timetabling and associated room booking software
- To support the development and implementation of a College wide communications plan to ensure that timetable information is disseminated, understood and adhered to.
- Development of an understanding of the diverse requirements and programme structures within the institution and conversion of this understanding into effective service delivery
- Document and maintain key activity procedures to create a standard operating procedure manual.
- Identify key requirements for integration and work with other departments and Scientia to ensure that the system is ready for integration with other college systems.
- Ensure that the objectives of the College’s Timetabling function are achieved and an effective service is delivered to all stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot software issues reported by the Schools and other software users and liaise with IT support/Scientia for timely solutions as well as on developments, software fixes or upgrades to the benefit of all system users.
- Consult frequently and work in partnership with the staff currently responsible for timetabling in the Schools to ensure a complete understanding of individual subject requirements.
- Help with resolving teaching space allocation issues associated with space being unavailable due to maintenance, capital development and refurbishment projects.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment.
- Project experience in timetabling or room management systems.
- Proven track record of pro-actively engaging all stakeholders to ensure targets are achieved.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of the IT/Business systems would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience of integrating timetabling or related software with other systems, preferably within an HE environment (e.g. student record systems).
- Demonstrable analytical skills and a systematic approach to problem solving.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Salary: (Specialist/Senior Administrator Salary Band €36,180 – €52,260)
Annual Leave: 24 Days per annum
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract - 1 year contract from June 2017 - June 2018
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0707 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 28th April 2017.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer