To celebrate Culture Night, National College of Ireland is delighted to host our Changing Lives Through Lifelong Learning event, designed to provide family fun and a taste of higher education for all ages.
When: Friday 22nd September
Where: National College of Ireland campus (see directions)
How to register: Sign up here.
This event is free to attend but we do ask that you register in advance.
Faculty from each of our specialist areas: business, computing, education and psychology; have partnered with the Early Learning Initiative, to organise several activities and demonstrations on the day, from STEM to careers and storytelling to sensory materials. Activities will include:
- Displays and activities for adults and children led by faculty from across NCI and the Early Learning Initiative
- School of Computing - STEM and coding activities
- School of Business – careers, monopoly, pretend play business activities
- Psychology – well being, sensory materials
- CELL – early childhood education and activities
- Apprenticeships information
Lecturers from the School of Business will also be hosting 3 talks, giving you a taste of what to expect from some of our programmes. If you are interested in any of the subject areas, we highly recommend joining!
- Nicole Gross, "What is Marketing?", 3:30pm-3:45pm
- Nicole Gross, "Marketing in the age of online trolling", 3:50pm-4:05pm
- Desmond Gibney, "Working with the Available Evidence: Using Archives in Business Research", 4:15pm-4:30pm
NCI looks forward to welcoming you on the day and we hope there will be something for everyone to discover.