We want to celebrate students and staff on the autism spectrum and to provide a learning environment to help all our students realise their potential.
We have committed to 8 key principles of autism inclusion across all areas of college life. We are working on an action plan to improve the support and awareness for all those on the autism spectrum.
We will be looking at our physical environment, raising awareness, employability, training and autism awareness amongst our NCI community and in the wider community.
We hope that all students and staff will join with us and get involved in this important effort.
8 Principles of Autism Inclusion
- Encourage and enable students with autism to transition into and participate in NCI programmes.
- Support and build capacity to equip students with autism to meet the academic challenges of everyday NCI life.
- Support and build capacity to equip students with autism to meet the social challenges of NCI life.
- Seek to establish an autism friendly operational environment.
- Seek to combat the stigma around autism and recognise the diverse experiences of those with the condition.
- Develop understanding and relevant knowledge and skills within the NCI community (staff and service providers).
- Establish channels so that students with autism can have a voice in various aspects of NCI life.
- Seek to increase future employability of students with autism.