ELI 2019 Educational Support Fund
The ELI 2019 Educational Support Fund is a €10,000 grant provided by a very generous donor to support children and young people’s educational journeys in Dublin’s inner city.
The fund opens 3 May 2019. The closing date is 7 June 2019. The decisions will be made in June and the funding awarded in September 2019.
What can the fund be spent on?
Applicants can apply to receive funds to be spent on educational assessments/support for a child or young person with learning difficulties or disabilities eg educational assessments, speech and language therapy.
Who can apply?
Candidates must be attending a local early years or primary or secondary DEIS school (as set out by the Department of Education) or a local community or voluntary service with priority given to people in Dublin’s inner city.
Any queries about geographical boundaries please email email@example.com
NB. Fulfilling the above criteria is not a guarantee of selection. Please see terms and conditions below.
How much can I apply for?
You can apply for any amount up to €400 to be spent on educational supports/assessments.
How do I apply?
The application must be made through your local early years or primary or secondary DEIS school (as set out by the Department of Education) or a local community or voluntary service.
Application forms may be filled out by students themselves, their parents or by a teacher/educator on behalf of a parent/student, with their agreement. The teacher/educator must sign the application form and send it into the ELI on behalf of the student/young person.
Download an application form here
Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference Educational Support Fund 2019 or posted to ELI 2019 Educational Support Fund, Early Learning Initiative, National College of Ireland, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1 by 7 June 2019.
Applications will be reviewed in June by an independent panel of volunteers drawn from ELI's corporate partners, who will make the final decisions on the successful applicants. ELI staff will not be involved in the selection process and have no say in who gets a grant.
For further information, please email email@example.com, reference Educational Support Fund.
Terms and Conditions
- Employees of National College of Ireland and their immediate family members cannot apply.
- Candidates may be required to provide proof of attendance at a local early years or primary or secondary DEIS school (as set out by the Department of Education) or a local community or voluntary service and/or a reference.
- Successful candidates may be photographed by the Early Learning Initiative Office. These photographs may appear in ELI publications and on the NCI website.
- Funding is not guaranteed and is a once-off grant.
- Successful applicants must be able to provide documentation (receipts, invoices, etc.) to prove purchases made with the awarded funds.
- Successful applicants must be willing to take part in a follow-up evaluation, which will inform ELI and the funder on how the scholarship supported their education and assist in the design of future Scholarship Funds
- ELI involvement is not a requirement of funding.
- ELI will not be contacting applicants who send in incomplete forms and/or leave out relevant information.
- The teacher/educator must sign the application form and send it into the ELI on behalf of the applicant.
- The decision of the Early Learning Initiative Office will be final.
Data Protection Notice
Any personal data, including any special categories of personal data, provided to the Early Learning Initiative (ELI), National College of Ireland (NCI), through or in connection this application form will be processed by NCI as data controller for the purposes of assessing your application and, if the application is successful, for related Scholarship Fund administration purposes. For further information on how the NCI uses your personal data and in relation to your data protection rights and how to contact the NCI data protection officer, please refer to the NCI Data Privacy Statement, which is available here.