Position: ABC Research Assistant
Reporting to: ABC Researcher and the Director of Area Based Childhood (ABC) Programme / Early Learning Initiative (ELI)
Purpose of Position: To assist in the internal research and evaluation activities of the ABC/ELI Programmes
NCI Job Code: NCI 0761
- Director of the ABC Programme and Early Learning Initiative.
- National College of Ireland
- Members of ABC consortium; ABC Review and ELI Advisory Boards
- Stakeholders in the local community, including parents, children and practitioners
- Centre of Effective Services (CES) and Pobal
- Assist in the coordination of the internal research and evaluation activities of the ABC/ ELI programmes
- Assist in the collection, collation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist in preparing and maintaining records, reports and/or test data
- Assist in developing and maintaining a database of participants, children, parents and families, in the ABC/ELI programmes
- Work closely with the ABC Researcher, ABC/ELI team and CES to coordinate the implementation of all research and evaluation processes/systems
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including ABC Consortium, Pobal, CES, other Departments within NCI in relation to the ABC/ELI research activities
- Provide information as required to the ABC/ELI Director and NCI’s Finance Department for ABC returns and budgets to Pobal and CES
- Other appropriate research and administrative activities as needed
- Any other duties as assigned by the ABC/ELI Director
- A relevant 3rd level qualification
- Excellent research, administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills in Ms Excel Ms Word, SPSS and other relevant research packages etc.
- Skills and experience in conducting research and evaluation studies
- Professional interest in early years education and family based learning.
- Ability to work closely with marginalised families and have an understanding of the issues of marginalisation
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organizations
- Good time management skills with the ability to produce results to deadlines.
- Ability to operate as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities.
- An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Contract: This is a fixed term contract for approximately 6 months, full time
Salary: Research Assistant Salary Band (€24,120 - €36,180)
Commensurate with experience
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and cv, quoting title of position and reference number NCI0761 to: email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Friday, 11th May 2018
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Assistant Researcher are based on the current stated role and objectives of the ABC/ELI Programmes and the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the ABC/ELI Programme and NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the traveller community