Position: Accounts Assistant
Job Code: NCI 0770
Reporting to: Financial Accountant
Purpose of Position:
To support the Finance department in the routine processing of transactions, with particular reference to management of cash flow, preparation and submission of grant claims to relevant bodies and ad hoc financial reporting.
• Financial Accountant
• Finance Department
• External parties
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register & depreciation postings
• Cash flow management, preparation, analysis and projections
• Weekly posting and reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Liaise with Fees Office regarding student fee payments and refunds
• Detailed reconciliations of student fee income
• Managing all aspects of daily banking
• Ad hoc invoicing as required
• Preparation of information and submission of Government grant claims.
• Monitor and maintain schedule of donations received for ELI
• Prepare and submit returns to HEA detailing expenditure on Student Assistance Fund & Fund for Students with Disabilities
• Preparation of financial information, analysis of variances and other adhoc duties as required from time to time by the Financial Accountant
• Recently qualified or part qualified accountant/accounting technician, (IATI, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
• Experience of accounting within an educational institute an advantage.
• At least 3 years experience within a finance department.
• Proficient in the use of Excel.
• Flexible in their approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Experience of producing accurate work and pays attention to detail.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in the use of SUN Systems a distinct advantage.
Salary: Administrator Salary Band (€30,150 to €42,210)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0770 and title of position to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Wednesday, 27th June 2018.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Accounts Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the traveller community