We have new opportunities for qualified lecturers/practitioners to join us either as Associate faculty and or Placement tutors. With our first set of Early Childhood Educators graduating this year, we are happy to say that NCI is looking to strengthen the programme. We have a number of exciting plans for next year including specialised Early Childhood STEM STEAM STREAM teaching and training and a conference related to the theme. NCI will also host a resident Fulbright scholar in Early Childhood Education in the first half of 2018/2019
Position: 1. Associate Faculty – Learning & Teaching – Early Childhood Education
2. Placement Tutor
Job code: NCI 0775
Reporting to: Programme Director
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Faculty member is primarily responsible for delivering lectures to a high standard, on a part-time basis to the College’s students.
Placement Tutor is primarily responsible for facilitating student placements
- Placement setting Managers
- Lecture to students on assigned modules within the School and other assigned areas if required.
- If requested, assist in the design and delivery of executive education programmes both ‘in company’ and for ‘public’ programmes.
- Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities.
- Facilitate tutorials associated with lecturers.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees appropriate to assigned programmes.
- Prepare reading lists and handout materials for students.
- Set, correct, give written feedback and engage in second marking for examinations and projects on programmes taught.
- Facilitate skills development workshops.
- Liaise with library re: reading materials, booklists, etc.
- Make available information as required by the NCI's management in a professional context.
- Participate in appropriate activities necessary to the furtherance of the NCI.
- Is required to visit placement settings and provide students with guidance and feedback.
- Hold regular meetings with students related to placements.
- Provide regular online feedback to students, in link with the placement handbook.
Programme Development & Review
- Assist in the development and review of existing programmes. This may involve drafting submission documents, attending meetings, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
- Assist in the development of the School.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities.
- Participate in Academic Council meetings and staff meetings.
- Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as requested.
- Be available to students at notified times outside of class contact hours for guidance and support.
- As requested, attend College functions such as various exhibitions, open days and evenings, school visits and other external events.
- Work on short programmes, training and consultations which may arise.
- Submit timesheets on a monthly basis for work undertaken in that month.
- Relevant qualification, i.e. if teaching at degree level, must hold a higher qualification, e.g. MA.
- Knowledge and practical experience of subject area.
- Lecturing experience an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to their subject area.
Hours: Part-time with variable hours
Rate of Pay: Associate Faculty rates
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI 0775 and title of position to: email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday, 7th August 2018
The functions and responsibilities assigned to an Associate Faculty member are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer