The Centre for Education and Lifelong Learning team at National College of Ireland invite you to join our Festival of Education and Lifelong Learning 1st-2nd June 2022.
When: Wednesday 1st June
Time: 10.00am - 12.30pm
Where: National College of Ireland
Register for this event
Further Education and Training in Ireland meets the needs of diverse learners across a range of singular contexts, including apprenticeships, prison education and Youthreach. Are there distinctive pedagogies in these contexts and how have they been shaped by experiences over the past two years?
Join us in-person for this engaging seminar in which we explore the challenges, strategies and emerging innovations in the FET sector in Ireland.
Session Chair: Dr Conor Mellon, CELL, NCI
Part one will feature a panel to address the question ‘Is there a pedagogy for FET?’ and explore the implications for professional development.
- Gráinne O’Donoghue, MA Educational Practice Student (NCI), Youthreach Teacher, Gorey
- Jonathan Brittain, Apprenticeship Manager at NCI
- Laetitia Maloney, Deputy Principal of Carlow Institute of Further Education and Training
- Dr Leo Casey, CELL, NCI
Part two takes up this theme, exploring how micro-credentials can open up flexible development pathways for FET professionals, and showcasing how NCI programme design and delivery is supporting innovation in diverse FET contexts.
- Carrie Archer, Professional Development Coordinator, City of Dublin ETB, Lecturer, NCI
- Ashley Stephens, Professional Development Coordinator, Kildare Wicklow ETB, Lecturer, NCI
- Dr Michael Goldrick, CELL, NCI
Click the links below to register for our other Festival of Education and Lifelong Learning events: