Autism Acceptance Festival
DCU, NCI and ATU are, respectively, the first, second and third HEIs in Ireland to receive AsIAm designation as Autism Friendly HEIs. This year, CCT, DkIT and NCAD are in the processing of applying for this designation.
In 2024, we six higher education institutes are proud to work together to host the first Autism Acceptance Festival, a series of public-facing events to centre autistic people and promote autism acceptance. All events will be online and free to attend.
Learn more about the speakers in this event and find more events in this series by visiting our Festival Hub.
Inclusive Practices in Teaching and Learning at Third Level
On Tuesday 5th March 1-2.30pm, a panel of lecturers and students from participating HEIs will talk about conscious inclusion and positive experiences in the classroom, moderated by NCI Professor Leo Casey, Director of the Centre for Education and Lifelong Learning.
Students from NCI, DCU, ATU, CCT, DkIT and NCAD are invited to submit their thoughts in advance.
- Share one instance of a positive learning experience that you’ve had at college – for example, where a lecturer supports the learning needs of ND students, or where they have responded to a specific request you made.
- Share one piece of advice you would give to other third-level students, or to second-level students about to commence college.
Second level students from all schools are also invited to ask questions.
Register and submit your comments or queries before Wednesday, 28th February.
Our panel members for this exciting event are as follows:
- Keith Hopper and Elske Rahill, ATU, the Writing and Literature programme
- James Garza, CCT, Data Analytics and Computing Lecturer
- Emer Thornbury, NCI, Computing Lecturer, Computing Support Tutor
- Brigid Mac Murrough, ATU
- Cass O’Kelly, NCAD
- Alexandra Pimentel, DCU
Date: Tuesday 5th March
Register and Submit Your Comments or Queries
Sign up for this event through the form below, don't forget to submit your comment or query to our panel too!
If you are interested in finding out more about our other events, please visit our Festival Hub to check out what is happening.