Join as many events of the Welcome Programme as possible.
We have developed a Welcome Programme to support international students joining the college for each intake. The Welcome Programme is delivered over four weeks starting from the first week in September and January. It is designed to ensure you have all the information you need and is a mix of informative workshops, excursions and get-togethers to start you off at NCI the right way and settle into college life in Dublin.
Some meetings are pre-scheduled for you by the International Office and are mandatory to attend:
- The first meeting is the Welcome Meeting with a Student Peer Mentor and a small group of other new students within a few days of your arrival. At this meeting you will receive a welcome pack. It includes important letters and details of other pre-scheduled meetings for you.
- The Essentials Meeting is also set up for you by the International Office. During this session you will receive information on opening a bank account, how to register with the immigration office and you will receive your INIS letter.
- The last pre-scheduled meeting for all new students is the Student Life Meeting. The team will speak about support systems at NCI, how to succeed in your studies and how to adjust to student life in Dublin.
Attendance is mandatory and it is key that you arrive for your scheduled meetings on time.
To guide you through the Welcome Programme we have developed a passport. This will be your companion as you attend various social events and workshops to help you guide you through your first weeks. We have a mix of:
- Know-How sessions to understand how things work at NCI.
- Out & About sessions to get to know more about Dublin.
- Meet-Up sessions to meet other NCI students.
You will find a Welcome Passport in your welcome pack. You will also have the opportunity to follow a similar programme throughout the semester.