Join as many events of the Welcome Programme as possible.
We have developed a Welcome Programme to support international students joining the college for each intake. The Welcome Programme is delivered over several weeks starting from the first week in September and January. It is designed to ensure you have all the information you need and is a mix of informative workshops, excursions and get-togethers to start you off at NCI the right way and settle into college life in Dublin.
Some meetings are pre-scheduled, some are highly-recommended and others are optional to attend:
The very first meeting each new student will have is the Welcome Meeting with a Student Peer Mentor and a small group of other new students. At this meeting you will receive information about getting started at NCI.
There are three meetings which we strongly recommend every student attends:
- Student Life - you will receive information on how to succeed at your studies, support systems in place at NCI, how to adjust to student life. We will repeat the Student Life meetings as necessary.
- The Essentials - you will receive information on your student visa, opening a bank account, tax number and working in Ireland. We will repeat the Essentials meetings as necessary.
- Orientation - you will receive introduction to the online classroom, IT and library services.
We have organised a mix of events for you:
- Know-How sessions to understand how things work at NCI.
- Out & About sessions to get to know more about Dublin.
- Meet-Up sessions to meet other NCI students.
We will publish a weekly schedule of events here: