Join as many events of the Welcome Programme as possible.
We have developed a Welcome Programme to support international students joining the college for each intake. The Welcome Programme is delivered over several weeks starting from the first week in September and January. It is designed to ensure you have all the information you need and is a mix of informative workshops, excursions and get-togethers to start you off at NCI the right way and settle into college life in Dublin.
Some meetings are pre-scheduled, some are highly-recommended and others are optional to attend:
The very first meeting each new student will have is the Welcome Meeting with a Student Peer Mentor and a small group of other new students. At this meeting you will receive information about getting started at NCI.
If you missed your welcome meeting please see a recording here.
There are three meetings which we strongly recommend every student attends:
- Student Life - is recommended for all students. At this meeting you will receive information on how to succeed at your studies, support systems in place at NCI, how to adjust to student life. If you missed this information session you can view a copy of the Student Life presentation here.
- The Essentials - is recommended for students who have travelled to Ireland. At this meeting you will receive information on registering with immigration, opening a bank account, getting your tax number (PPSN) and working in Ireland. If you missed this information session you can view a copy of The Essentials presentation slides here.
- Orientation - is recommended for all students and is organised by Student Services. At this meeting you will receive an introduction to the online classroom, IT and library services. If you missed orientation see a recording here.
We have organised a mix of events for you:
- Know-How sessions to understand how things work at NCI.
- Out & About sessions to get to know more about Dublin.
- Meet-Up sessions to meet other NCI students.
We will publish a weekly schedule of events here:
- Welcome Programme Schedule - Week of 10 January
- Welcome Programme Schedule - Week of 17 January
- Welcome Programme Schedule - Week of 24 January