Join as many events of the Welcome Programme as possible.
We have developed a Welcome Programme to support international students joining the college for each intake. The Welcome Programme is delivered over several weeks starting from the first week in September and January. It is designed to ensure you have all the information you need and is a mix of informative workshops, excursions and get-togethers to start you off at NCI the right way and settle into college life in Dublin.
Some meetings are pre-scheduled, some are highly-recommended and others are optional to attend:
The very first meeting each new student will have is the Welcome Meeting with a Student Peer Mentor and a small group of other new students. At this meeting you will receive information about getting started at NCI. If you missed this meeting you view a recording from the meeting on 24 January 2021.
There are three meetings which we strongly recommend every student attends:
- Student Life - you will receive information on how to succeed at your studies, support systems in place at NCI, how to adjust to student life. If you missed this event you can see the presentation and view the recording from 19 January 2021.
- The Essentials - you will receive information on your student visa, opening a bank account, tax number and working in Ireland. If you missed this event you can see the presentation and view the recording from 21 January 2021.
- Orientation - an introduction to the online classroom, IT and library services, which was delivered on 22 January 2021. The recording of this session did not work however, you can view the recording of orientation from September 2020 as the content is the same.
We have organised a mix of events for you:
- Know-How sessions to understand how things work at NCI.
- Out & About sessions to get to know more about Dublin.
- Meet-Up sessions to meet other NCI students.
We will publish a weekly schedule of events here:
This page will be updated with information for the September 2021 intake in June 2021.